- Calories 284
- Fat 13.5
- Protein 8.8
- Carbs 20
- 18 Fittest Kitchen Biscuits, broken into small pieces (recipe available below if you are not a Level 1 or Level 2 member)
- 4 Tablespoons Grass-Fed butter
- 3 large yellow onions, chopped
- 24 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the Biscuits:
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
MethodDirections for Stuffing:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir occasionally until golden brown and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Add the sage and stir for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Remove the skillet from heat and add the biscuit pieces to the onion mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, coconut milk and chicken stock. Pour over the biscuit mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir until incorporated.
- Pour stuffing into a 9x13 glass baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add diced butter to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Mix in eggs and ice cold water. Do not overmix.
- Using a cookie scoop or serving spoon, drop biscuits onto a parchment lined cookie sheet so that biscuits do not touch.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.